How to Leverage Marketplace Data to Accelerate Your Expansion Strategy
Past Webinar: August 26th - 4PM UK / 11AM EST
For all brands KPI’d on growing faster than the market average, identifying the next opportunity for incremental growth is crucial for ensuring they’re staying ahead of the competition. With the majority of growth in developed markets like the US and Europe coming from uncomfortable customers like Amazon and Allegro, or Lazada and Shopee in SEA, leading brands are having to shift the way they identify and action which opportunities to prioritize.
The speed at which you can define, build towards, and capture the size of prize is a capability most brands are not giving enough attention to for the next 3 years.
- Identify underserved segments by your competitors and list a portfolio that can capture that pent up demand.
- Flip the script on rogue sellers bundling your products together — could these be white space opportunities for your brand?
- Use POTOO Analytics platform to build the size of prize for your business case
Marketplace Platform Opportunities
- Focus on future growth customers – both for share of audience as well as share of commercial growth.
- Which categories are those platforms focused on? What are the listing trends over time? Can you help make that platform a trusted advisor in your category?
- eBay, Zalando, Walmart Marketplace, Allego, Mercado Libre could all be driving your largest share of new volume in 2021.
Complete the form to listen to a recording explaining three ways you can quickly identify and action new expansion opportunities for 2021:
Market Entry Opportunities
- The majority of retail growth in emerging markets will not come from traditional trade shifting into modern trade, it will come from traditional trade shifting into online platforms like Lazada, Shopee, Mercado Libre, or GoJek. These platforms are not capital intensive and can quickly scale off existing distribution infrastructure.
- However many of these marketplaces do not fit nicely in your customer segmentation model — as they hold no inventory — making it difficult for traditional market entry models to leverage these platforms.
We recommend sharing this webinar with your colleagues in corporate strategy, business development, shopper insights, supply chain, and commercial excellence – these are the stakeholders that will play a key role in the success of this strategy.
Head of Strategy & Insight
Marketing & Technology
Bain & Company | FRWD
Insights, Analytics & Digital
Bain & Company | FRWD
Past Webinar | October 2020:
Future Proof Org Structure: Marketplace & Digital Platforms
Past Webinar | September 2020:
Build Your Walmart Marketplace Strategy