Product recalls are one of the most challenging events for brands to manage and a quick response with an effective plan for action is critical….
September Product Update
Blogs | October 16, 2020
The leaves are changing and the temperature is dropping at POTOO’s HQ in New England. Our data team is working hard to create Dashboard upgrades that best support our brand partners heading into a busy online retail season.
Industry experts predict a boost in eCommerce this holiday season. During this time, brands should be well-positioned in the marketplace to take advantage of growth opportunities while also planning for unauthorized selling behavior. With that in mind, this month we’re highlighting our Product Sales Rank Dashboard.
Product Sales Rank Dashboard:
The Product Sales Rank Dashboard helps brands understand the popularity of its products online by tracking sales performance within a particular category over a 30/90/180-day time period. It also compares product performance with other items in a similar category.
How to Use:
The Product Sales Rank Dashboard is available immediately to all users but is not part of the standard POTOO Dashboard — so please ask your Account Manager for this to be switched on for you.
- Sales rankings from month-to-month for every product ASIN listed in your account.
- A 30-day, 90-day, and 180-day Average Sales Ranking for each ASIN to determine product sales and popularity.
- A hover feature showing at-a-glance product performance information by Date/Brand/Product/ASIN/Category.
- A customizable Dashboard to fit your brand’s specific needs to track sub-categories and specific timeframes.
Why It’s Important:
The Product Sales Rank Dashboard is particularly important as it not only helps brands plan for busy seasons but also makes data available for annual planning and future resource allocation.
Top use cases include:
- Track momentum for yours (or your competitor’s) products to plan proper inventory levels to remain in stock – support your friendly Demand Planner.
- Drive the winning products, and support the ones that need a bit of help. Many brands use this to better understand the need to increase/decrease budget and resources to a specific part of their portfolio.
- Coupled with a strong brand protection program, this data can also help users quantify the impact of their enforcement efforts on individual and brand-wide product rankings. Remove unauthorized sellers -> increase ASP and item level profitability -> Increase in rankings -> Increase in 1P sales!
If you would like more information about this Dashboard, please reach out!
Pharmapacks, an online seller of health, personal care and beauty products, is packing up operations after a failed IPO and the inability to secure additional…